“C” is for Cookie – Cookie Monster that is! That’s right, Cookie Monster turns 47 on Wednesday, November 2.
Here are a few things you should definitely know about Cookie Monster!
1. Cookie Monster is left-handed! Sesame Street says the puppeteers use their right hands for the mouths.
2. Cookie Monster has five fingers on each hand (probably to eat more cookies). All the others only have four.
3. Cookie Monster used to have pointy teeth.
4. It takes two puppeteers to manipulate Cookie Monster
5. Cookie Monster’s bio says he represents children with various speech abilities.
6. David Rudman is the man behind Cookie Monster. He’s been a Sesame Street puppeteer since 1985. He also performs Baby Bear and the Two-Headed Monster.
7. Cookie Monster’s first name is Sid.
8. Cookie Monster loves Chocolate Chip Cookies (we don’t blame him).
9. Cookie Monster loves Poetry
me love poetry!— Cookie Monster (@MeCookieMonster) September 21, 2016
10. If you ask Siri the question: What is zero divided by zero? She includes Cookie Monster in her answer. Yes, we tried it out. Siri answers, “Imagine that you have zero cookies and you split them evenly among zero friends. How many cookies does each person get? See? It doesn’t make sense. And Cookie Monster is sad that there are no cookies, and you are sad that you have no friends.”
11. Instead of saying cheese for photos Cookie Monster says “Cookie”
12. And of course Cookie Monster has his own song!
13. Cookie Monster loves to cook!
14. Cookie Monster has his own Twitter handle: @MeCookieMonster You should follow it if you love cookies.
Facts from Sesame Street and Smithsonian