NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WVEC) -- Many companies consider June to be one of the best months for people to ditch their old tablets and smartphones and get good money for them. That's because inventories are low as shoppers look to pick up devices as graduation gifts.
Device Pitstop in Newport News sets these rates as approximate value for some devices:
- iPhone 6 &7 models – $200 – $450
- Surface Tablet - $50-$1,000
- MacBook Pro- $200-$1,000
The store shared these tips for people who are looking to convert their devices into money:
- Go through your kitchen drawers, your office and other places where old gadgets hide and bring them into your local electronics resale store.
- Electronic resale retailers like Device Pitstop want current electronics, but will recycle any electronics they aren’t able to buy.
- Don't forget to bring in your AC adapter and accessories.
- Save time on the transaction. Many resale stores require a valid ID to get started, so bring it along. Also, have an idea if you want cash or credit toward a purchase in the store.