Fast-food chain Arby’s will begin testing venison sandwiches in select markets by the end of the month, the company announced Tuesday.
Arby's venison sandwich features a thick-cut venison steak and crispy onions with a berry sauce on a toasted roll, according to the company.
The venison sandwich is "100% deer meat," with premium cut top and bottom round steaks from the hind quarter of the deer, according to Rob Lynch, Arby’s Brand President & Chief Marketing Officer.
Lynch said the company released the sandwich as part of “It’s Meats Season” campaign, which celebrates the start of hunting season.
"Bringing venison to our menu also allows us to continue to set ourselves apart from the competition when it comes to proteins," he said. "You simply can’t find this at other restaurant chains."
The new sandwich will be offered for a limited time at 17 Arby’s restaurants across the country. According to the company, the locations were chosen in heavy deer hunting areas in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Tennessee and Georgia.
Lynch said the company sources free-range farmed deer that feed on fresh grass, and he is confident that " deer hunters are going to love this sandwich."
You can find participating locations here:
Available Oct. 31-Nov. 3:
- 2044 Rosa L. Parks Blvd. , Nashville, Tenn.
Available Nov. 4-6:
- 3821 Tower Ave., Superior, Wis.
- 1690 Park Place Blvd., St. Louis Park, Minn.
- 704 Highway 33 South, Cloquet, Minn.
- 348 Lincoln Ave. SE, St. Cloud, Minn.
- 3275 First St. S, St. Cloud, Minn.
- 4415 Roswell Rd. NE, Atlanta,
Available Nov. 12-14:
- 4229 W Vienna Rd., Clio, Mich.
- 4040 17 Mile Rd. NE, Cedar Springs, Mich.
- 1215 M 89, Plainwell, Mich.
- 8685 Birch Run Rd., Birch Run, Mich.
Available Nov. 25-27:
- 5205 Library Road, Bethel Park, Penn.
- 4260 Ohio River Blvd., Bellevue, Penn.
- 16 Towne Center Drive, Leechburg, Penn.
- 2539 W State St., New Castle, Penn.
- 2648 Ellwood Rd., New Castle, Penn.
- 3224 Wilmington Rd., New Castle, Penn.
Follow @MaryBowerman on Twitter.