NORFOLK, Va. (WVEC) -- The highly anticipated ribbon cutting of the Selden Market was held Wednesday, October 4.
Selden Market is Downtown Norfolk's first retail incubator for new and emerging businesses. The goal is to create a constantly changing environment.
— Arrianee LeBeau (@ArrianeeLeBeau) October 4, 2017 >
Twelve new storefronts will be opening as well as 18 pop-up shops.The goal of the market is to stimulate street-level activity with low rents and short-term leases to help businesses shape their model, learn from each other and build community in a low-risk environment.
BACKGROUND: Selden Market announces official opening day
Selden Market will be operated by the Downtown Norfolk Council. The market's hours will be 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sundays.
The 12 storefront tenants include:
- Doughminion- Doughnut shop with a modern twist, featuring both classic and one-of-a-kind flavors.
- Flutterby Soap Company- Handcrafted vegan soaps, lotions, and other skincare products - using high quality essential oils and butters.
- Food, Clothing & Shelter- A curated retail experience where culture and community meet.
- Hummingbird Chocolate & Tea Room- Elevating your tea and chocolate drinking experience.
- LORAK Jewelry- Modern jewelry store known for in-house designed and crafted jewelry collections and unique engagement rings.
- Merchant's Reserve- Exceptionally sourced nut, chocolate and specialty food gifts - reserved just for you.
- Thank You Gift Shop- An extension of Thank You Gallery that aims to provide customers with a hand-curated selection of unique and limited goods.
- P.O.P.- Enriching children’s lives through the Power of Play.
- Velvet Witch- A curated gift shop carrying products for healing of the mind, body and soul.
- Vessel Craft Coffee- A coffee bar featuring ethically sourced coffee, cold brew, brew gear and world change.
- Werther Leather Goods- Quality leather bags and wallets, made locally.
- Werrell Woodworks- A modern decor store with products for your business and home to create a unique and memorable space.
MORE INFORMATION: Selden Market announces 18 pop-up shops
For more information, click here.