CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WVEC) -- A family of four has been displaced from their home following a fire at a Chesapeake apartment complex.

Fire fighters were called to the 1000 block of Park Avenue at 6:48 a.m. Captain Scott Saunders with Chesapeake Fire said crews arrived six minutes later to find smoke and flames coming from the first floor of a two-story, multi-family apartment building.

The fire was contained to one apartment on the first floor and was deemed under control at 7 a.m.

Firefighters said the cause of the fire appeared to related to a malfunctioning kitchen stove.

No one was injured.

The family has made other housing arrangements.