NORFOLK, Va. (WVEC) -- Eleven homes had to be evacuated following a natural gas leak in the 3000 block of Verdun Avenue in Norfolk late Saturday morning.
Virginia Natural Gas was able to repair the leak by about 4 p.m., and the displaced residents were then allowed to return to their homes.
Fifteen residents were sheltered at Fire Station 11 until the leak was secured.
Norfolk Fire-Rescue says one of its firefighters was transported to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital with an injury "related to the incident," according to a department spokesperson. He said the injury was not life-threatening.