NORFOLK, Va. (WVEC) -- Residents of a Norfolk home have been displaced following a house fire Saturday morning.

Battalion Chief Joe Milligan told 13News Now firefighters arrived to 6333 Alexander Street at 11:49 a.m. to find fire showing from a front bedroom.

The fire was contained to the bedroom and was deemed under control at 12 p.m.

One resident of the home was present at the time of the fire and escaped with no injuries.

Officials believe the fire was caused by an accidental electrical issue.

Due to smoke damage, the residents of the home are staying with family.