(WVEC) -- Five foster puppies are recovering after being bit by a poisonous copperhead snake on June 15.

The hound pups in east Tennessee were taken to the emergency vet after their bodies started to swell from the bite.

The serum to stop the symptoms cost about $900 each. In order to pay for every puppy to receive the serum the foster parents started a gofundme page.

The page was made on June 16 asking for $8,000 to help pay the very expensive vet bill.

Just 3 days later, over 200 people donated money and were able to raise over $8,100.

To make a donation or see updates about the puppies in the Halos Second Chance Animal Rescue click HERE.