When it comes to the well being of your kids on Halloween, better safe than sorry, right? With this in mind, you can get Halloween candy X-rayed for free this weekend.
Patient First centers all over Hampton Roads will be offering free digital X-ray imaging of Halloween candy.
Bags of candy may be brought into any Patient First Neighborhood Medical Center from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. on October 29th through October 31st.
The X-rays will be able to detect objects like glass, metal or plastic. Although parents are still encouraged to double check the candy, as some objects won't appear on the X-rays.
Here are five reminders from the doctors at Patient First to help insure your “Trick-or-Treaters” have a fun and safe Halloween:
1. Know the route that your children will take if you do not go with them.
2. Younger children should go with adults.
3. If possible, give your children a cell phone and check in with them during the evening.
4. Set a time for everyone to be home.
5. Nobody eats their treats until checked by an adult.
As an additional safety measure, Patient First will provide free safety blinkers at each of our medical centers during the month of October (one per person, while supplies last). The blinking light may be attached to a child’s Halloween costume and can help increase visibility.