NORFOLK, Va. (WVEC) -- The wait is finally over, and Norfolk Premium Outlets is inviting shoppers to celebrate the grand opening!
The outlets opened at 10 a.m. Thursday. All day long, there will be live music, face painting and balloon artists.
In addition to 50 retailers on opening day, there's also a walking trail by the lake, a park, pier, and children's play area.
Although 50 stores are open for the summer, nearly 90 will be open in the fall, including Coach and Michael Kors. Those stores are set to open in November.
The following events are scheduled during the opening week:
- Opening Ceremony, Thursday, June 29 at 9:40 a.m. at the Entertainment Stage near Market Hall.
- Music and Entertainment, Thursday, June 29 and Friday, June 30 from 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Entertainment Stage near Market Hall
- Mad Science: Fire & Ice, Thursday and Friday at 1 p.m. young scientists can see just how “hot” and “cool” science can be! Paper will disappear in a flash, carbon dioxide bubbles will pop and a special Mad Science “burp” potion will amaze children as they learn about dry ice, chemical reactions and the states of matter.
- Strolling Entertainment, Thursday and Friday from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. children can enjoy face painting and balloon artists throughout the center.
- Mad Science Discovery Station. Thursday and Friday from 2 p.m. – 5 p.m. young shoppers eager to become a Junior Mad Scientist can experience fun, interactive experiments while exploring a variety of science concepts. Meet the Mad Scientists and perform some cool reactions!
- The Significant Others, Thursday at 3 p.m. and Friday at 2 p.m.
- BJ Griffin Duo, Thursday at 5 p.m. and Friday at 4 p.m.
- 10 Spot, Thursday at 7 p.m. and Friday at 6 p.m.
- Prize-an-Hour Giveaways, Thursday, June 29 and Friday, June 30 from 11 a.m. to 4:55 p.m. at the Entertainment Stage near Market Hall
- Beach Party & Beach Ball Drop, Friday, June 30 from 7:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Entertainment Stage near Market Hall
© 2018 WVEC-TV