Fire displaces family of four day before Thanksgiving

SUFFOLK, Va. (WVEC) -- Fire & Rescue were called to a house fire that displaced a family of four, Wednesday.

The fire occurred in the 5100 block of Carolina Road. at 10:40 a.m

Fire units were on scene less than 15 minutes after receiving the call. When crews arrived they saw heavy smoke and flames at the back porch of the home. Everyone from the home had evacuated before the crews arrived.

The fire was brought under control by 11:27 a.m. 

An investigation revealed that the fire was started by a malfunctioning clothes dryer. 

Two adults and two children were displaced due to the fire, the American Red Cross are assisting the family. 

No one was injured in this incident. 


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment
More Stories