Kids playing with lighter caused fire that displaced family of four

CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WVEC) -- Two children playing with a lighter led to a house fire Wednesday evening. 

The fire happened in the 1700 block of Acorn Street around 6:30 p.m. 

When crews arrived they found smoke coming from a one-story duplex. 

Firefighters entered the home and the fire was under control within 15 minutes. 

The duplex was sustained significant damage to the entire building. 

One adult and three children were displaced. The Red Cross is helping that family. 

No one was injured. 

© 2017 WVEC-TV


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment