HAMPTON ROADS, Va. (WVEC) -- Memorial Day through Labor Day active military personnel and their families can visit several museums in the area for FREE.
Sixteen Hampton Road's museums and 2,000 others across the country are participating in the 2017 Blue Star Museums program.
The Blue Star Museums program is a collaboration among the National Endowment of the Arts, Blue Star Families, the Department of Defense and other museums in the country.
Participating museums in the area are as follows:
- Hampton: Hampton History Museum
- Newport News: Peninsula Fine Arts Center
- Norfolk: Chrysler Museum of Art, Hampton Roads Naval Museum, Hermitage Museum and Gardens, MacArthur Memorial, and The Baron and Ellin Gordon Art Galleries
- Portsmouth: Lightship Portsmouth Museum, Portsmouth Art & Cultural Center, Portsmouth Colored Community Library Museum, and Portsmouth Naval Shipyard Museum
- Virginia Beach: Virginia Beach History Museum, Virginia Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA)
- Williamsburg: Art Museums of Colonial Williamsburg, DeWitt Wallace Decorative Arts Museums, Muscarelle Museum of Art
The military ID holder can have up to 5 family members access the museums for free and the active duty member does not have to be present for family members to use the program.
For more information click HERE.
© 2017 WVEC-TV