CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WVEC) -- Fire crews battled a huge blaze at a home on Virginia Avenue in Chesapeake Tuesday evening.
Dispatchers tell us the call came in shortly before 8 p.m. for a house fire in the 1300 block of Virginia Ave.
Units arrived to find heavy smoke billowing from the front door. Firefighters entered the home and began to extinguish the flames when they noticed that conditions within the home started to worsen, forcing crews to exit the home and battle the fire from outside.
The blaze was brought under control about 45 minutes after crews arrived at the home.
The Chesapeake Fire Department tweeted that no injuries have been reported so far.
Crews did bring the fire under control, but now investigators are working to learn what exactly sparked the flames. Two adults were displaced.
No other details have been released at this time.
© 2017 WVEC-TV