NORFOLK, Va. (WVEC) -- Residents at the Royal Mace Apartments are without gas until at least Friday.
The apartment management told 13News Now they had a gas leak Monday and have been working since to repair it, but won't be able to resume work until Friday morning.
Residents said they don't have heat, hot water, and they can't use their stoves to cook. To them, this meant they haven't been able to prepare for the holiday with their families.
It's been unbearable for Nikia Moree and her kids, who have been sick. Her neighbor shares her struggles.
They're just two units of 124, which the apartment manager said are all impacted.
"I have to inconvenience my mother's home and shower at her place so we have to pack up, go there, and come back," said Lanell Thomas, Moree's neighbor.
"They're going to be in the same situation. No food...maybe go to 7-Eleven or order something," said Moree.
Both said they aren't discouraged though, even dealing with this the night before Thanksgiving, just a little frustrated.
They said they've seen their managers working diligently to resolve the issue.
"They sent a message saying that they were working on the situation, which they have been. I appreciate them. They've been working," said Moree.
The Salvation Army said in a statement to 13News Now that they can deliver meals to those who can't make it to them.
© 2018 WVEC-TV