Chesapeake house fire likely caused by heat gun used to thaw frozen pipes, FD spokesperson says

CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WVEC) -- Two adults have been displaced after their house caught fire on Saturday.

Captain Scott Saunders with the Chesapeake Fire Department said firefighters responded to the call around 7:30 p.m. in the 1000 block of Chesapeake Avenue.

Saunders said crews found flames underneath and in the walls of the home.

The homeowner was using a heat gun to thaw frozen pipes underneath of the home. Saunders said that appears to be the cause of the fire.

No injuries were reported. 

© 2018 WVEC-TV


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment
More Stories