CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WVEC) -- Firefighters in Chesapeake had a busy overnight, responding to three different fires in the city.
The first happened at about 10 p.m. Thursday at Joerns Healthcare LLC, located on Executive Boulevard. Firefighters were on scene within minutes, and the fire was under control by 10:27. No injuries are reported, and no word on a cause.
Then shortly before 6 a.m. Friday, crews responded to an apartment fire on Sail Court, in the Bowers Hill section of the city. Firefighters arrived to find smoke coming from a two-story apartment building. They were able to keep the fire from spreading to other units, but one adult resident is displaced.
Firefighters say it appears that a burner on the stove was accidentally turned on and ignited nearby combustibles. The Red Cross has been contacted to assist the displaced resident.
At about the same time firefighters were responding to the Sail Court fire, other crews were called to the 3400 block of Galberry Road in the Deep Creek section of the city. There, firefighters found smoke coming from a single-story house.
The fire was brought under control shortly before 6 a.m. It severely damaged one bedroom, while causing smoke throughout the rest of the home. The fire appears to have been caused by an electrical malfunction.
No one was hurt, and the family is making lodging arrangements.
Editor's Note: Initial reports from Chesapeake Fire indicated the business that caught fire was Roberts Oxygen Company. The article has been updated to reflect the correct business that was damaged.
© 2017 WVEC-TV