Family of four displaced following Chesapeake apartment fire

CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WVEC) -- A family of four has been displaced from their home following a fire at a Chesapeake apartment complex.

Fire fighters were called to the 1000 block of Park Avenue at 6:48 a.m. Captain Scott Saunders with Chesapeake Fire said crews arrived six minutes later to find smoke and flames coming from the first floor of a two-story, multi-family apartment building.

The fire was contained to one apartment on the first floor and was deemed under control at 7 a.m.

Firefighters said the cause of the fire appeared to related to a malfunctioning kitchen stove.

No one was injured.

The family has made other housing arrangements.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment
More Stories