Great Bridge Primary School temporarily evacuated due to natural gas odor

CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WVEC) -- Great Bridge Primary school was temporarily evacuated Thursday after an odor of natural gas was noticed inside the building.

Firefighters were called to the school located at 408 Cedar Road at 9:21 a.m. The building was evacuated for 30 minutes as crews investigated the odor, according to Captain Scott Saunders with Chesapeake Fire.

Gas meters used inside the school were unable to detect any odor or evidence of a gas leak, firefighters say.

Crews cleared the scene and the school was reopened shortly before 10 a.m.


To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment
More Stories