House fire displaces two people in Chesapeake

CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WVEC) -- Two people were displaced Sunday following a house fire in Chesapeake.

Firefighters were called to the 200 block of Sparrow Road shortly after 2 p.m. Upon arrival, they found smoke coming from a one-story home.

According to Captain Scott Saunders with the Chesapeake Fire Department, the fire was contained to the laundry room of the home and was brought under control at 2:25 p.m.

Officials say the fire was caused by a malfunctioning light switch. No one was injured.

The displaced residents were able to make other housing arrangements.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment