Kitchen fire displaces two people in Chesapeake

CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WVEC) -- Two adults were displaced following a fire that damaged their home in Indian River on Saturday morning.

Investigators say firefighters were called out to the 400 block of Gardenia Circle around 10:13. Arriving firefighters found smoke coming from a two-story apartment building. They were able to contain the fire to the apartment's kitchen and brought it under control by 10:29.

The Chesapeake Fire Department says it appears the cause of the fire was unattended cooking.

Smoke damage throughout the unit has rendered the apartment uninhabitable.  The Red Cross has been contacted to help assist the displaced residents.

No one was injured.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment