No injuries following house fire in Chesapeake

CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WVEC) -- Firefighters were quick to put out a fire that broke out inside a home in Chesapeake on Tuesday afternoon.

The fire broke out in the 300 block of Tarneywood Court at about 12:44 p.m. Arriving crews found heavy smoke coming from a two-story house. The fire, which was contained to a second-floor bedroom, was brought under control at 1:10. 

Investigators say the fire is believed to have started after a candle came into contact with window drapes.

No one was hurt.

© 2017 WVEC-TV


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment