Grease fire sparks flames at Newport News home

NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WVEC) -- Crews knocked down flames sparked by a grease fire at a home in Newport News Monday afternoon.

We're told this happened at a home in the 1000 block of Birdella Dr. where fire units were dispatched shortly after 1:30 p.m.

Crews arrived to find smoke coming from the front door and went inside to find a kitchen fire, which was contained.

One person was inside the home at the time the fire started, but exited before fire crews arrived on scene.

No one was injured.

Two displaced occupants were assisted by the Red Cross.

© 2017 WVEC-TV


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment