Person injured in Newport News house fire

NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WVEC) -- Emergency officials say a person was injured during a house fire on Wednesday afternoon. 

Newport News Fire Department responded to the house fire in the 300 block of Pear Ridge Circle just after 1 p.m. 

Firefighters were able to get the fire under control within 10 minutes, according to Battalion Chief of Special Operations, Jim Gower. 

Gower says the injured person is getting treated for a burn to his hand at Riverside Regional Medical Center. 

Gower says it appears that the fire was started by grease. 

© 2018 WVEC-TV


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment
More Stories