NORFOLK, Va. (AP) - A construction worker has been rescued after part of a house collapsed on top of him in Norfolk.
Local news organizations report that the worker was rescued Tuesday afternoon after the chimney of a two-story house collapsed and pinned his arm in the attic area of the home. The house was in the process of being demolished when the man got stuck.
Rescue crews used ladders to get to the unidentified man, who was in his early to mid-50s. They also used a crane and power tools to move the chimney and the debris.
One he was freed, the man was taken to the hospital for further treatment.