Officials: No injuries following two house fires in Norfolk

NORFOLK, Va. (WVEC) -- There were no injuries following two house fire in Norfolk on Saturday.

The first incident took place at 121 Effie Street. One resident of the home was present at the time of the fire and got out safely. The fire was said to be caused by discarded smoking material.

Firefighters arrived to a second fire at 6333 Alexander Street around 11:49 a.m. One person was home at the time of the fire, but was not injured. The fire is believed to have been caused by an accidental electrical issue.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment