NORFOLK, Va. (WVEC) -- One person was taken to the hospital after a house fire Thursday morning in Norfolk.
Battalion Chief Brian Nichols with Norfolk Fire said crews responded to a reported fire at a home in the 500 block of Suburban Parkway at 10:20 a.m.
Upon arrival, firefighters found smoke and flames coming from a detached garage. The fire was brought under control within 20 minutes, Nichols said.
One person suffered injuries and was taken to a nearby hospital. The extent of the person's injuries is unknown at this time.
Officials said the cause of the fire appeared to be accidental and may have been caused by a heater inside the garage.