Family of 5 displaced after cooking fire

SUFFOLK, Va. (WVEC) -- A family of five is without a home after a fire on Old Townpoint Road in Suffolk, not far from Interstate 664.

We're told a cooking accident sparked the fire around 2 a.m. Tuesday. Everyone got out of the home before firefighters arrived.

Medics took one person to the hospital. We're told they'll be okay.

The Red Cross is helping the family.

© 2017 WVEC-TV


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment
More Stories