SUFFOLK, Va. (WVEC) --Two people are in custody after a reported breaking and entering in downtown Suffolk Thursday morning.
According to police at 2:28 a.m., a commercial alarm went off at Advance Auto Parts at the 1500 block of North Main Street.
One of the responding officers saw a vehicle trying to avoid their cruiser. The officer attempted to stop the vehicle, but the driver refused to pull over.
After a slow, short pursuit, the vehicle pulled into a parking lot in the 800 block of North Main Street. The passenger fled on foot, but was apprehended a short time later.
The 25-year-old Tyreese D'Andre Darden and 24-year-old Lauren Raven Outland were taken into custody and charged with multiple counts of Burglary, Conspiracy to Commit a Felony, and several other charges stemming from a string of burglaries throughout the city.
Those burglaries happened at:
- Kings Fork Diesel Truck Service on July 21
- River Stone Chophouse on July 24
- Vintage Tavern on July 24
- Saunders Supply Company Inc. on July 24
- Brinkley's Wrecker Service LLC on July 31
- Derl'z Restaurant & Pub July 31
- M & R Seafood on August 1
- Tidewater Wholesalers, Inc. on August 1
- Advance Auto Parts on August 3
This investigation remains ongoing and more charges may be added.
Darden and Outland are currently being held at the Western Tidewater Regional Jail.
© 2018 WVEC-TV