VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WVEC) -- Virginia Beach city leaders are inviting the public to weigh in on the plan to bring new life to the central beach entertainment district.
On January 31, there will be a public workshop where you can comment on the proposal. There will also be an online survey.
The Dome site, located between 18th and 20th Streets off of Pacific Avenue, is currently a parking lot. But before it was bulldozed in 1994, the Dome featured big musical acts.
The city, along with Venture Realty Group, is conducting studies and analyses to help transform the area.
The concept will include:
- Minimum 3,500 seat capacity live entertainment performance venue
- Unique/new to market retail
- Unique/new to market authentic restaurants
- Additional entertainment concepts
- Possible residential units
- Year-round programming attractive to both locals and tourists
The public meeting will happen from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Virginia Beach Convention Center.
© 2018 WVEC-TV