Stove fire removes family from their Norfolk home

NORFOLK, Va. (WVEC) -- A family has been removed from their home after a fire broke out Monday afternoon.

Firefighters arrived on the 8200 block of Gygax Road around 4:38 p.m. and had the fire under control in less than 10 minutes.

The fire started on the stove and extended into the cabinets. The damage was so bad that the family of 4 was displaced and the Red Cross is assisting.

Electrical power was cut off due to the damage.

© 2017 WVEC-TV


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment