HAMPTON, Va. (WVEC) -- Two houses caught fire yesterday around the same time in Hampton.
The first home, located in the 700 block of E. Little Back displaced four residents.
The second incident happened in the 4700 block of Threechopt Road. Only one person was displaced from that fire.
Hampton fire officials say the Red Cross is assisting the victims.
They also say a failed appliance sparked one of the fires and careless cooking caused the other to go up in flames.
Officials say neither of the fires were set intentionally.
© 2018 WVEC-TV