N Carolina carbon monoxide death blamed on Irma

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - Authorities say a carbon monoxide poisoning victim is the first death from Hurricane Irma in North Carolina.

Gov. Roy Cooper's office said the man was found dead Tuesday in his Henderson County home.

Authorities he was using a generator to power his home after the winds from Irma knocked out electricity.

The man's name was not released.

© 2017 Associated Press


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment