Va. Beach firefighters revive cat after house fire

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WVEC) -- A family pet was spared during a house fire Wednesday afternoon.

Fire crews arrived at a home in the 100 block of Coventry Road around 2:15 p.m. They soon learned that the owner's pet cat was still inside the home. 

The Kempsville Rescue Squad found the feline and brought it outside. 

Crews gave the cat oxygen with a special mask made for animals, and it slowly woke up and regained consciousness. 

Flames from a grill too close to the home appear to be what started the fire. 

The back of the house was heavily damaged. 

No one was injured. 

© 2017 WVEC-TV


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment