LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

VIRGINIA BEACH--A grease fire displaced eight people at a Va. Beach townhouse complex, fire officials told WVEC.com.

Firefighters were called to the 600 block of Red Horse Lane in the Lake Edward neighborhood on Wednesday night.

The house where the fire started was badly damaged; homes on either side had moderate smoke damage, fire officials said.

Someone had left items cooking on the stove, said Battalion Chief Tim Riley.

No one was hurt.

Read or Share this story: http://www.wvec.com/story/news/2014/09/09/14795012/