LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

NORFOLK -- Fire at a Norfolk duplex apparently started in the electrical box.

Firefighters were called to Elizabeth Avenue around 8:25 a.m. and found smoke coming from one part of the home. The fire was under control in about 20 minutes.

Virginia Dominion Power was called out and removed the electrical service to the duplex. Most of the fire damaged was contained to the area around the electrical box.

Battalion Chief Julian Williamson said there were no working smoke alarms in either apartment.

The Red Cross is helping the people who live in the duplex because they can't stay there until repairs are made.

Read or Share this story: http://www.wvec.com/story/news/2014/09/10/14855716/