LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

HAMPTON -- One person was treated for smoke inhalation after fire in their Hampton home.

Firefighters were called to South 6th Street around 4 p.m. Tuesday and found light smoke coming from the eaves of the roof.

Three people were being helped by the Red Cross because there was smoke throughout the home.

The fire was accidental due to careless cooking, said Captain Jeffrey Pereira with the Hampton Fire Department.

Read or Share this story: http://www.wvec.com/story/news/2014/09/10/14865002/