LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

VIRGINIA BEACH - Two people were hurt in an early morning fire at a condo complex in Va. Beach.

Firefighters were called to the complex on Ocean Pebbles Way around 1:00 am. The smoke detector went off, alerting the three people inside to the danger.

One man broke his arm in his jump from the second story and the other man had some burns from trying to put out the fire with a garden hose, said Battalion Chief Tim Riley. He added they're both expected to recover.

The fire was out an hour later, according to officials. They say it started accidentally in the living room, but they haven't pinpointed exactly how the fire started.

Read or Share this story: http://www.wvec.com/story/news/2014/09/09/14800598/