The Media Sales Assistant is the primary clerical and support person for the television and interactive sales staff. This position assists in all aspects of the sales process, including good stewardship of client business.
Job Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Pull queries, input orders, generate reports and general support for all computer systems the Sales' Department utilizes. Candidates must be self driven and motivated to learn the systems and generate the necessary queries and reports.
- Handle proper paperwork and order entry with high level of accuracy
- Ability to respond appropriately to incoming calls and emails from clients
- Provide back-up support for other Sales Assistant and National Coordinator
- Prepare multimedia presentations and supporting documents
- Coordinate sales project merchandising and promotional support
- Occasionally participate in outside sales functions / presentations
- Be a positive and professional representative of Belo and our multiple advertising platforms
- Other duties as needed
Essential Qualifications include:
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Dependability and punctuality
- Strong computer and online skills
- Good interpersonal skills get along well with others
- Work in a fast paced environment; handle multiple duties simultaneously
- Effectively communicate with others (present ideas, facts and technical information clearly)
- Quickly adjust to changing priorities, goals, procedures, and essential duties
- Take initiative; effectively solve problems on your own
- Work with numbers (basic arithmetic, including fractions and percentages)
- Sufficient knowledge of Microsoft Office suite: Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
3-5 years experience in a media sales department or similar environment is preferred with the ability to learn various computer systems and generate useful information and reports.
Send resume to:
613 Woodis Avenue
Norfolk, VA 23510
No phone calls please.
WVEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of this station not to discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of the person's age, race, color, creed, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, or any other protected classes. Discriminatory practices are specifically prohibited by Belo and the Federal Communications Commission.