LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

HAMPTON-- A fire that started in a clothes dryer heavily damaged a home Monday afternoon.

Fire units were called to the 800 block of Hedrow Terrace in the Northampton section of the city around 2:55 p.m. The fire started in the dryer and then spread to the attic.

A family of 5 was displaced and is being cared for by the Red Cross. There were no injuries.

Firefighters estimate there was about $45,000 to $50,000 worth of damage done to the house.

Read or Share this story: http://www.wvec.com/story/news/2014/09/09/14795650/