LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

VIRGINIA BEACH-- Fire investigators have determined that a Rottweiler started a house fire Wednesday near the Oceanfront.

According to Battalion Chief Tim Riley, the dog turned on the stove, which ignited the kitchen cabinets.

The one-story bungalow in the 500 block of 25 and One-Half Street sustained heavy fire damage.

The owner said the 100 pound dog has a history of turning on the stove, which is an older model and doesn't have the latest safety features, according to fire officials.

Nobody was injured during the blaze but the dog had to be rescued by a neighbor.

The fire is being classified as accidental.

Read or Share this story: http://www.wvec.com/story/news/2014/09/09/14796304/