Autoplay
Show Thumbnails
Show Captions
LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

VIRGINIA BEACH - Three homes and the weight room in a Va. Beach fire station were damaged by fire within 24 hours.

The first fire occurred around 11:40 a.m. Sunday on Pleasant Hall Drive in the Fairfield section of the city.A neighbor says another neighbor ran into the home to alert everyone inside.

'He went in and got them and the fire was everywhere. The firemen weren't here yet and Jimmy went in and said I'm going to put you on my shoulders if you don't come out. So I think he's the only reason why they're safe,' said Carson Stokes.

Investigators say an overloaded electrical circuit caused the fire.

Just before 11:00 p.m. Sunday, crews responded to a fire on Brandon Blvd. The fire caused a lot of damage to the home. Investigators say it was caused by improperly discarded smoking materials.

Then, on Monday around 9:30 a.m., four people escaped fire in their Salem Lakes home. Investigators say fire in the void spaces of the chimney spread into the attic and a first-floor bedroom.

Lastly, fires even happen to firefighters. Around 11:30 a.m., fire started at Fire Station 21 on Nimmo Parkway. A heater in the ceiling malfunctioned, causing a small fire in the weight room.

No one was hurt in any of the fires.

Read or Share this story: http://www.wvec.com/story/news/2014/09/09/14799588/