NORFOLK - A teenager and pet escaped fire in their house because the smoke alarm went off.

Norfolk firefighters were called to Trafalgar Court just before 11:00 a.m. and found lots of smoke coming from the back of the home.

It took about 20 minutes to get the fire under control, said Battalion Chief Julian Williamson.

While no one in the home was hurt, a firefighter was being treated for a minor burn to his face, Williamson noted.

The court was expected to be closed for about an hour fore the investigation.

Read or Share this story: