This person will be a 'do it all' in the Digital Media department. They will write and edit stories for WVEC.com and our other digital products, produce the home and other pages of our sites, create contest pages and other media for our sales and promotions department, and post/moderate/manage content to our various social media accounts.
- Possess solid news editorial instincts and writing skills including accuracy and consistency.
- Work in a deadline-oriented environment with multi-tasking work habits.
- Have a command of basic HTML, MS Word, Photoshop, AP style and the PC including a web CMS system.
- Must be a self-starter and require minimal on the job training.
- Will produce digital news content from a variety of sources to keep it current, accurate and fresh.
- Responsible for breaking news on the web, mobile, social and all relevant platforms.
- Develop strategies that build both audience levels and time-on-site.
- Write compelling, SEO friendly story headlines and search optimized story content.
- Create and integrate features such as Maps, Polls, Slideshows, Blogs, Mobile, etc.
- Add meta tags, site descriptions, etc, to every story and page on wvec.com for SEO optimization.
- Posses comfort with an online video publishing platform - BIMVidtrademark or similar video platform.
- Schedule LIVE streams of newscasts, sports events, breaking news, ABC coverage, etc.
- Anticipate the content needs of the WVEC.com social media audience and respond to these.
- Distribute breaking news with text alerts, mobile push notifications, emails and social media.
- Work with Newsroom talent to publish their web ready scripts across WVEC digital properties.
- Work with digital account managers and the creative services department to create contests, e-mails, and sales pages for both the station and clients.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
B.A. or B.S. degree with 3+ years of related journalistic experience, preferably with prior web producing experience in broadcasting or print.Candidate must successfully pass a background check.
- Requires a flexible work schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- React quickly to breaking news that demands an 'on call' flexible schedule based around breaking news and coverage.
This position does require long periods of sitting in a newsroom environment.
Must be able to interact positively and communicate across departments.
To apply, e-mail resume, cover letter, and links to work samples to email@example.com .