LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

NORFOLK -- Two employees suffered smoke inhalation and were taken to the hospital because of a commercial dryer fire at a Norfolk business Thursday morning.

About 30 firefighters responded to Eggleston Services in the 1100 block of Ingleside Road around 9:30 a.m.

Officials told 13News Now an employee pulled the fire alarm and the sprinkler system contained the fire.

The fire generated a large amount of smoke inside and the building was ventilated by fire crews.

Six people were evaluated for possible smoke inhalation. Two of those were transported, but none have life-threatening injuries, officials said.

The cause of the fire has been ruled accidental.

Read or Share this story: http://www.wvec.com/story/news/2014/09/10/14861114/