VIRGINIA BEACH--Fire units were on the scene of a hazardous material situation at a Kroger Supermarket Tuesday night.
Firefighters were called to the Kroger in the 3300 blk of Va. Beach Boulevard around 9:41 p.m.
According to Chief Ken Pravitz, an employee was mixing cleaning chemicals when he was overcome by the fumes. He was taken to the hospital in a condition that was not life threatening.
Two other people were complaining of the fumes and were being treated at the scene.
The store was evacuated as a haz-mat crew worked to remove the chemicals from the building.