Department: Creative Services
Posting Date: October 24, 2012
WVEC 13News, the ABC affiliate in the Norfolk/ Virginia Beach, VA market is looking for a talented, highly motivated Creative Services Writer/Producer. As a part of our award winning Creative Services Team, you will have a hand in everything, from writing and editing, both station promotion and client commercials to working half-hour shows and helping to drive our station brand.
- Bachelor's degree in Communication or related field.
- 3-5 yrs of news promotion/production and/or commercial production experience.
- Comfortable working directly with station commercial clients.
- Non-linear editing with hands-on experience with Adobe Creative Suite including After Effects and Premier.
- Demonstrated strong oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks to meet daily deadlines.
- Write, produce and edit news image, station promotions, client commercials and other marketing initiatives. Also write, produce and edit daily news topicals (when needed.)
- Participate in on-location/studio productions.
- Edit station and radio spot promotions
- Daily communication with news and sales departments to execute station promotions/brand marketing and commercial production.
- To apply, forward a resume', cover letter (please indicate you are applying for Producer/WriterPosition 1) and demo reel or link to your past work to:
613 Woodis Avenue
Norfolk, VA 23510
No phone calls please.
WVEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of this station not to discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of the person's age, race, color, creed, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, or any other protected classes. Discriminatory practices are specifically prohibited by Belo and the Federal Communications Commission.