CHESAPEAKE -- Two adults have been displaced after a fire damaged their home in the Deep Creek section Chesapeake Friday.
Firefighters were called to a house fire in the 2300 block of Halyard Lane around 3:30 p.m.
Heavy smoke and flames could be seen coming from the two-story home.
It took less than 30 minutes to bring the fire under control, but fire and smoke damage left the home uninhabitable, officials said.
The cause of the fire appears to be a malfunctioning HVAC unit.
There were no injuries, and the displaced occupants are working with their insurance company for lodging arrangements.