NORFOLK -- And then there were two. The City of Norfolk has selected two proposals from the five submitted for the redevelopment of The Waterside Festival Marketplace.
According to the Virginian-Pilot, one project would bring 13 themed restaurants to site on the Elizabeth River site.
The other would turn the downtown waterfront site into a conference center with hotels, offices and an expanded marina.
The proposals will be presented at next Tuesday's City Council meeting.
-The Harvey Lindsay proposal IIncludes conference center, two mid-sized hotels, office building, and marina
-Cordish proposal would have entertainment and restaurant themed experience to include live entertainment opportunities, live entertainment on 1st floor plus restaurants and food court and restaurants and event room on 2nd floor
Beach Music Awards Proposal
- John X. Aragona for Mark7 Studios would position location as a 'Norfolk Sound' beach music themed venue
- Would include restaurants, food court, sports bar, and retail stores on first floor
- Beach music cocktail lounge and fine dining supper club, Shag dance club, theater and broadcast studios, and comedy club on second floor
Drakkar America Proposal
- Entertainment and multi-use pro sports complex
- Acquire Sheraton; build 22,000 seat arena and multi-use towers
- Proposal includes option to seek an NBA franchise (or operate without)
Project Neptune III Proposal
- Entertainment and dance based themes development
- 150 hotel rooms.
- Entertainment to include 3 nightclubs, a private members club, 2 restaurants, sushi and oyster bar, and outdoor deck bar
- Movie theaters
To see more on the proposals and the process of choosing one, click here.