LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

CHESAPEAKE-- Firefighters responded to a fire at a Chesapeake church Wednesday afternoon.

When crews arrived at the Rapture Bible Training and Worship Center located at 1425 Gust Lane they found light smoke in a rear room of the building.

They were able to put the fire out within half an hour.

According to Chesapeake Fire Department Capt. Scott Saunders, the fire appears to have started when an electric space heater come into contact with some sort of combustible.

Saunders says the fire appears to be accidental.

The church was unoccupied at the time and nobody was injured.

Read or Share this story: http://www.wvec.com/story/news/2014/09/08/14790228/